Nomination Information for
WAS Gallery of Legends - Hall of Fame
Thank you to all who submitted a nomination!
The slate of 2022 inductees will be announced in March.
5 Things - - You Should Know
Before Submitting Your Nomination
The highlight of every World Acrobatics Society Induction Banquet is watching inductees receive their well-deserved recognition. If you have someone in mind to nominate for the big event, here’s a quick guide to help you plan ahead.
1. Important dates:
- The WAS Congress & Induction Banquet will be held: September 9-11, 2022.
- Please make sure both you, the nominator and your inductee are available and have the dates saved.
- The official nomination forms are available on this website (scroll down to find them below).
- The nomination period runs from Dec. 1, 2021, and will close on February 13, 2022.
- The final selection of inductees is scheduled to be announced in April.
- Only current paid-up members of the World Acrobatics Society can submit a nomination,
- All memberships run January - December, so make sure before you nominate someone that you have renewed your membership for that year. To verify your membership status, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Or join/renew your membership HERE
- The person you are nominating does not need to be a current WAS member. If they are selected and inducted, they will receive a one-year complimentary membership in WAS.
- There are several nomination categories to choose from which include Legend, Golden Achievement, Lifetime Achievement, Acrobatic Excellence, and the Charlie Pond Service Award. Within the Legend category, there are six distinct disciplines: Acrobatic Gymnastics/Cheerleading, Artistic Gymnastics, Diving, Extreme Sports, Professional Acrobatics, and Trampoline/Tumbling. Make sure you check you are using the correct official nomination form provided for each category.
- There are specific criteria for each award category that will serve as a guideline letting you know what a Legend or Award recipient would ideally fulfill.
- These criteria are available HERE.
- The only method of making a nomination is online via the WAS website.
4. Required Information & Materials:
- The nominator has the responsibility of working with the committee head and guiding their nominee, to ensure that their nominee makes a successful trek through the complete process from nomination to induction; providing adequate materials as needed for a proper presentation.
- Step 1: The nominator completes the online nomination form.
- This will include:
- >- A biography of the individual (a maximum of two pages) or/ appropriate internet links that support their qualification for the award plus, >- a photo; either action or portrait.
- Step 2: Following a review of your nomination, you will be contacted for further information. >- If selected for induction, you and/or the individual must then provide adequate materials (pictures, certificates, videos, et.) for inclusion in a presentation video of the nominee, that will be viewed at the WAS Congress and Induction Banquet in September.
If you have any questions or need additional information either now or during the nomination process, contact Stacie Hansen, WAS Gallery of Legends - Hall of Fame (GOLHOF) Administrator/Chair at: email@example.com