Nomination Information for
2021 Gallery of Legends - Hall of Fame
Nominations are open for:
Acrobatic Gymnastics & Extreme Sports
5 Things You Should Know About Nominations for the
2021 WAS Gallery of Legends-Hall of Fame
The highlight of every World Acrobatics Society Induction Banquet certainly is watching inductees receive their well-deserved recognition.
If you have someone in mind to nominate for the big event, here’s a quick guide to help you plan ahead.
1. Important dates:
- The WAS Congress & Induction Banquet will be held: September 10-12, 2021.
- We would prefer the nominator to attend the event. However, the inductee is expected to attend, so make sure you’re both available and have the dates saved.
- The official nomination forms are available below (scroll down).
- Nominations and inductee selection for all but two disciplines have been completed. These two disciplines are: Acrobatic Gymnastics & Extreme Sports.
- The final selection of all inductees will be announced when the 2021 slate has been completed.
- Only current 2020 members of the World Acrobatics Society can submit a nomination, so make sure you are a paid-up member. To verify your membership status, contact: email@example.com Or join/renew HERE
- The person you are nominating does not need to be a current WAS member. If they are selected and inducted, they will receive a one-year complimentary membership in WAS.
- There are specific criteria for each award category that will serve as a guideline letting you know what a Legend or Award recipient would ideally fulfill.
- These criteria are available HERE.
- The only method of making a nomination is online via the WAS website.
4. Required Information & Materials:
- The nominator has the responsibility of working with the committee head to ensure that their nominee makes a successful trek through the complete process from nomination to induction; providing adequate materials as needed for a proper presentation.
- Step 1: Nominator completes the online nomination form.
- Step 2: Following a review of your nomination, you will be contacted for further information. This will include: (see below)
- Each nomination submitted will require a biography (1-2 pages) of the individual plus a profile (head & shoulders) photo.
If you have any questions or need additional information either now or during the nomination process, contact the WAS Gallery of Legends - Hall of Fame (GOLHOF) Administrator/Chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org